We may earn a fee if you buy via links in this post (at no extra cost to you). Read our Terms & Conditions to learn more.
I’ve always been into fitness and health but, a few years ago, my diet started to fall off the rails and I put on a few too many pounds. After doing tons of research (because that’s what I love to do) and looking into all sorts of diets and health advice, one thing was clear, getting more fruits and veggies into my diet was necessary.
I enjoy most fruits and vegetables but needed to find another way to incorporate them into my diet besides salads and side dishes with dinner. That’s when I started experimenting with green smoothies for breakfast. I soon discovered how delicious, filling and healthy they could be. My go-to is spinach, frozen banana, grapes, almond milk, and almond butter. Simple and delicious. I have a smoothie for breakfast 4 or 5 days a week, it gives me tons of energy to take on the day.
Until 6 months ago I was using an inexpensive Hamilton Beach blender which does the trick but when I tried tossing things like frozen fruit, celery, carrots or even blueberries into it, the blender isn’t powerful enough to break down all of the fibers into a smooth drink. I would end up drinking small chunks of vegetables which is not appetizing at all.
I heard of Vitamix’s a long time ago but always thought, those are too expensive, a waste of money, and not worth it. It’s true, they are expensive and they are somewhat of a “luxury” but, after looking into them and discovering how powerful and versatile they are, I finally bought the Vitamix A3300 (link to Amazon) which I am considering an investment in my health, and what’s more important than that?
Performance: Vitamix A3300 is the best blender for frozen fruits, smoothies, soups and more
The number one thing I hoped to gain from upgrading my Hamilton Beach blender to the Vitamix was power. With the Vitamix, you get just that, the most powerful blender you can buy. It pulverizes nearly anything you put into it including hard, frozen fruits, vegetables, nuts, and makes the smoothest, most delicious smoothies you can imagine.
Besides being the world’s most powerful blender and making awesome smoothies, the A3300 model comes with other amazing features like:
- Programmable Timer – You can set the blending time and it will stop automatically
- Touch screen interface – Easy and simple to understand, operate, and wipe clean
- High-performance blades – Laser-cut stainless steel blades which cut through almost anything
- 10-speed control – to customize your blend to get the exact consistency you want
- Wireless connectivity – to automatically adjust blending times based on the size of the container
- Customizable – you can use any self-detect Vitamix containers but it comes with a 64 ounce one that is plenty for many servings
- Self-cleaning – ability to self-clean by just adding soap and water and blending for 1 minute
- 10-year warranty – your investment is protected for 10 years if the machine breaks or you have issues
There are so many things you can make with the Vitamix A3300 and the hardest part is figuring out where to start. Vitamix knows it can be overwhelming so they include a cookbook that covers everything from smoothies to soups (that actually cook in the Vitamix), sauces, dressings, dips, nut butter, and deserts.
There are also dozens of blogs and recipe sites out there with ideas. I’ve found the most success taking someone else’s recipes and tweaking it based on my flavor preferences. When I think of Vitamix, I think of smoothies, but it’s such a powerful and versatile machine the possibilities are endless.
Besides the A3300, Vitamix has several blender models which are all powerful and effective
The main differences come down to size, bells and whistles, and of course price. Some of the most popular models besides the A3300 are:
- Vitamix S50 Blender– 2 programs for smoothies and power blends, variable speed control, pulse, compatible with multiple container sizes, 5-year warranty. Comes with 40 and 20-ounce container perfect for personal use.
- Vitamix 7500 Blender – 5 programs for smoothies, hot soups, frozen fruit desserts, dips and self-cleaning. Variable speed control, pulse, and a 7-year warranty. Comes with a 64 ounce, low profile container perfect for personal use or large batches.
- Vitamix A3500 Blender – 5 programs for smoothies, hot soups, frozen desserts, dips, and self-cleaning. Variable speed control, touch-screen control, pulse, compatible with multiple container sizes, built-in programmable timer, wireless connectivity, clear lid and 10-year warranty.
One major complaint: the Vitamix is extremely loud
I only have one complaint and that is, this machine is probably the loudest appliance I’ve ever heard. I was expecting it to be a nice soft buzz and I could run it on Saturday mornings without waking anybody up. Nope. Not going to happen. When I crank it up to 8, 9 or 10, it sounds like I’m using a power tool. That engine is no joke. Certainly not a deal breaker but this is your fair warning so set your expectations accordingly. You can see what I mean in the video below (starting at 1:30 mark):
Outside of the noise, the other obvious drawback of any Vitamix is the price. It is not cheap whatsoever and not going to fit in everyone’s budget. If you can afford it, think about it as an investment in your health. It’s like an expensive gym membership, the more you pay, the more guilt you have for not using it. If a brand new Vitamix is not in your budget, Amazon offers several certified refurbished models. My mom bought one of these and has been using it for years with no issues so I would highly recommend checking those out.
If your budget is limited, there are several other viable blenders on the market
There are also dozens of other high quality, powerful blenders on the market. Most of them aren’t quite as amazing as the Vitamix, but if you’re looking for something slightly less pricey and still high performance, these are a few worth checking out:
The Vitamix has changed the way I eat
Having the Vitamix in my kitchen has changed the way I eat and opened up the home menu to new dips, sauces, soups and of course smoothies that I otherwise would have never made. I have no problem justifying the price knowing that this is an investment in my health. When I factor in the 10-year warranty, the per year price isn’t so bad. If you want to give this model or another of the other models a try yourself, you can read more reviews and purchase on Amazon. Also, keep in mind, Amazon sells refurbished Vitamix’s which are certified by Vitamix, significantly cheaper than buying brand new and very high quality.
Thank you for reading our review of the Vitamix A3300!
We hope you enjoyed reading our review and that it provided helpful information as you shop for the best blender for frozen fruit, smoothies, soups, nut butter and more.
Have you had a different experience with a Vitamix? Do you agree or disagree with our review? Are there any other blenders that you think beat the Vitamix? Please let us know in the comments section or contact us directly, we would love to hear your feedback.
In cooking mode? Check out these articles about popular cooking products:
- Are Vitamix Blenders Worth the High Price? (In-Depth Review)
- 5 Cheaper Alternatives to Vitamix Blenders
- Wusthof Classic vs. Gourmet: Kitchen Knife Comparison (With Pictures)
- Wusthof vs. Zwilling J.A. Henckels: Kitchen Knives Compared
- Staub vs. Le Creuset: A Detailed Comparison of The Top Dutch Ovens
- What Does The Instant Pot Do and Does It Live Up To The Hype?
- How To Use A Pizza Stone In The Oven: 5 Easy Steps
- How To Properly Use a Cast Iron Skillet: Tips on Seasoning, Cooking, Cleaning, and Maintenance
- Is All-Clad Cookware Worth The High Price? An In-Depth Review